Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
This Instant Pot creamy white chicken chili recipe is quick, incredibly flavorful, warming, and delicious. Ready in about half an hour!
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4 fluid ounce) cans mild chopped green chilis with juices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (14 fluid ounce) cans white beans drained
- 4.4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block Philly) softened
- Salt & pepper to taste
Toppings (optional, to taste):
- Lime juice
- Avocado chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- Tex-Mex cheese blend
- Tortilla strips
Sauté the onion in your Instant Pot for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic.
Add the remaining chili ingredients to your Instant Pot except for the cream cheese.
Give it a good stir, close the lid, set the valve on "sealing", and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. It'll take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to get up to pressure. I like to prep the toppings while it's getting up to pressure and cooking.
Once the countdown has finished, do a quick pressure release.
Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot. Add the cream cheese to the Instant Pot and press the "sauté" button so it heats through. Meanwhile, shred the chicken using 2 forks. Stir the chili until the cream cheese nicely incorporates into the sauce (this may take a few minutes). Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and give it a good stir. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
Serve chili into bowls and top with desired toppings.
- I used about 1 pound of chicken breasts in this recipe. Feel free to use chicken thighs instead.
- I like the tanginess the cream cheese gives to the chili, but you could also use heavy cream (I'd start with 1/2 cup). I'd add some lime juice to provide tanginess if you go this route. Sour cream also works in a pinch.
- If you want to double the recipe, keep cooking time the same.
- Makes 4 generous portions (especially with toppings).
- Want to make this recipe on the stove? Check out my stovetop creamy white chicken chili recipe instead.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 1598mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 821IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 8mg