Spinach Artichoke Salmon
This spinach artichoke salmon recipe is a decadent and delicious meal that's perfect for when you want something a little different on a busy weeknight. It only takes 30 minutes to make!
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese (one block Philly) softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can artichoke hearts drained & chopped
- 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cut the salmon into 4 equal pieces and sprinkle it with salt & pepper. Dredge the fish in flour until coated. Prep the other ingredients.
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan's hot, add the salmon and cook for 3 minutes/side. Take the salmon out of the pan and set it aside.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until the cheese has melted into a smooth sauce.
Add the artichokes and spinach to the pan. Let the spinach wilt. If you're noticing that the sauce is thickening up too much (it's personal preference how thick you want it), add a splash more chicken broth.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and add the salmon back into the pan. Let it cook for another few minutes until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- This recipe goes much smoother if you take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter to warm up for at least 30 minutes prior to starting cooking.
- You can use frozen spinach in this recipe. Just be sure to thaw it and squeeze out the water first.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 999mg | Potassium: 768mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3401IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 3mg