Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole
This ranch chicken and rice casserole recipe has only 5 ingredients and is incredibly easy to make! The rice is so creamy and comforting.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch seasoning I used Hidden Valley
- 8 ounces sour cream I used full-fat
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- Pepper optional, to taste
Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle position. Grease a 9x13" baking dish (I used Pam spray).
Add the rice, broth, ranch seasoning, and sour cream to the baking dish. Whisk it all together until smooth.
Place the chicken breasts on top and rotate them so they're coated in the liquid. If you want, add some pepper on the top of each chicken breast.
Tightly wrap the baking dish with foil and place it in the oven.
Bake for 55 minutes. Ovens and baking dishes vary, so it may take a bit more or less time for the rice to cook through. Simply re-seal it and add it back to the oven for another 5-10 minutes if the rice is still a bit crunchy.
Give the rice a stir prior to serving. You can either serve the chicken as-is or cut it up and mix it in the rice. The rice is meant to be soft and creamy.
- Serves 4-6 depending on how much people eat. If you cut up/shred the chicken and stir it together, it can definitely make more than 4 portions (like if you're feeding kids or serving something else with it). I use around 2 pounds of chicken.
- I also tested this recipe with jasmine rice, and I found it took 10 minutes less than the long-grain white rice, so keep that in mind. If you're cooking this recipe for 45 minutes or less, I suggest using an instant read thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to 165F. I found after 55 minutes, the chicken was more than plenty cooked.
- Use low-sodium chicken broth if sensitive to salt.
- You can use a "cream of" soup in place of the sour cream, but I haven't tested it.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 1165mg | Potassium: 1041mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 426IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg