Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This parmesan crusted chicken recipe is a comfort food classic with tender chicken nestled inside crispy breading. Easy & delicious!
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
Preheat the oven to 400F. Position the rack in the top third of the oven.
Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner pieces. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel. Sprinkle it with the garlic powder and some salt & pepper on both sides.
Prepare 3 bowls: one with the flour, one with the eggs (beat them with a fork), and the third with the panko/parmesan/Italian seasoning (mix it all together)
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Let the pan heat up while you're working on the chicken in the next step.
Meanwhile, coat the chicken pieces in the flour. You will then dip each piece in the egg, followed by the breadcrumb mixture (shake off any excess at each of the 3 steps). Pro tip: do the dipping with one hand and leave the other one free to make this process easier. You may need to gently press the chicken into the breadcrumbs to make them stick.
Add 2 of the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for around 2-3 minutes/side until golden. I use tongs to easily flip the chicken. Transfer the chicken to a plate, and for the second batch, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Once you've fried all the chicken, take the skillet off the heat and arrange all 4 pieces inside. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through (chicken is done when an instant read thermometer reads 165F).
- I recommend reading the blog post for tips if you've never breaded chicken before.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 484mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 261IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 2mg