Ground Beef Tacos
These ground beef tacos are flavorful, quick and easy to make, and they're sure to be a hit with the whole family! Great for busy weeknight dinners.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For serving: tortillas, and your favorite toppings (see blog post for suggestions) to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350F (to warm tortillas), stack tortillas and wrap them in foil and place in oven. Or use a tortilla warmer or warm the tortillas over a gas stove burner if you have one. You can prep the toppings beforehand or while the meat is cooking.
Add the beef to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it's started to cook and you've broken it up a bit with your spoon, add in the spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes or until the beef has cooked through.
If there's a lot of excess fat released from the beef, spoon it out. Give the beef a taste and adjust ingredients as needed (e.g. add more smoked paprika). Season with salt & pepper to taste (chili power usually contains salt so you may not have to add too much).
Serve warm with tortillas and desired toppings.
- This recipe makes about 2-3 tacos/person if you don't load them up with too much meat, so I recommend doubling it if you've got very hungry people.
- You can definitely go with a fattier % of ground beef if you want more flavor and don't mind draining some of the excess grease.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. Info for this recipe is just for the taco meat as toppings and the size/brand of tortillas vary.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 839IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 3mg