This ham salad recipe is a great way to dress up ham (or use up leftover ham) for tasty sandwiches! It comes together fast and uses simple ingredients.
- 2 cups cooked ham chopped small
- 2 sticks celery chopped small
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles (or relish) chopped small
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped small
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chop the ham, celery, pickles, and onion, then add them to a medium bowl.
Add the mayo, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and garlic powder to a small bowl. Stir it together until it's smooth, and give it a taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
Add the dressing to the larger bowl and toss together until combined. If you're someone who loves mayo, you may need to add some more (I didn't go too heavy on the mayo). Season with salt & pepper as needed.
Use as a filling for sandwiches. You can serve right away or let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the flavors to meld a bit. The mixture will keep for a few days in the fridge.
- Feel free to chop/shred your ham to your desired texture.
- Serves 4-6 depending how much you add to a sandwich.
- This recipe is very forgiving and will work if you sub/add ingredients based on what you've got in your fridge.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg