Honey Baked Drumsticks
This honey baked drumsticks recipe has a sweet and sticky marinade that's sure to be a total crowd pleaser!
- 6 chicken drumsticks (bone-in, skin on)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Combine the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
Add the chicken drumsticks in and toss until coated. Transfer chicken (and any marinade) to a large Ziploc bag.
Refrigerate for 8 hours (or overnight... basically anything up to 24 hours).
Preheat oven to 375F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Arrange the chicken pieces on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through (very important so sauce actually sticks to the chicken).
To really crisp up the skin, broil for a couple minutes (watch it carefully and use caution if using parchment paper. I'd use foil if you plan on broiling! I did not broil the chicken in the photos).
Let the chicken rest for 4-5 minutes to redistribute juices prior to serving. Spoon any leftover glaze from the baking sheet back onto the chicken.
- You don't have to marinate the chicken, but I've tried it both ways and find it's more tender and flavorful when you do let it marinate.
- You can use chicken thighs instead for this recipe. I'd keep cook time the same, but if you're even in doubt whether chicken is cooked or not, use an instant read thermometer (165F is the safe minimum temperature for chicken).
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 117IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg