Easy Roasted Green Beans
This roasted green beans recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients and makes an incredibly tasty side dish that goes with practically everything!
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
Add the beans to the baking sheet. I inspect them and cut off any dead/shriveled ends. Coat them in the olive oil and sprinkle the garlic powder and salt & pepper (I'm generous with both) over top. Toss with your hands until everything is evenly coated. Spread out in a fairly even layer (doesn't have to be perfect, but it's best if they're not touching too much).
Roast for 18-20 minutes. Beans will be soft and have a bit of char (especially on the side that's touching the baking sheet). Serve immediately.
- Try to ensure the beans aren't dripping wet if you've washed them beforehand (I buy the pre-washed packages).
- Feel free to skip the garlic powder.
- Try tossing them with some freshly grated parmesan cheese when they're just out of the oven.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 782IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg