This cheesy potatoes recipe makes perfectly creamy and comforting potatoes that are loaded with cheddar! They're so simple to prepare and will feed your entire family.
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes peeled & diced
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) melted
- 1/3 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar divided
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan divided
Prep the potatoes and then boil them until just tender. Drain thoroughly, then add them to a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle position.
Meanwhile, add the condensed soup, sour cream, melted butter, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and half of each cheese to a prep bowl. Stir it together until smooth.
Pour the mixture over the potatoes then toss (I use two spoons) and smooth them out in an even layer.
Top the potatoes with the remaining cheeses and then bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Let it sit for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
- You may use frozen cubed hashbrowns instead (or even the shredded kind). Cooking time may slightly vary.
- Serves 6-10 depending on serving size.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 865mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 848IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 416mg | Iron: 2mg