BBQ Chicken Foil Packets
These BBQ Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect simple and delicious summer meal for when it's too hot to use your oven!
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil
- Non-stick cooking spray as needed
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-1.5" dice
- 1/2 large onion sliced/chopped
- 1 cup BBQ sauce divided
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley optional, to taste
Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat. Prep ingredients.
Tear off four 16" pieces of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil and spray the middle of each piece (where the food will touch) with non-stick cooking spray.
To a medium-sized prep bowl, add one chicken breast, 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce (a little more is fine if you want them extra saucy), 1/4 of the potatoes, and 1/4 of the onions. Season with salt & pepper and toss everything together. Place the mixture in the middle of the foil then repeat 4x until you've used all the ingredients.
To fold the foil packets, bring up the long sides of the foil so the ends meet over the food. Double fold the ends (leaving room for heat to circulate inside), then double fold the two short ends to seal the packets.
Place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165F) and the potatoes and onions have softened. Open them carefully as they will be very hot. Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over top if desired. Serve the foil packs as-is (e.g. if you're camping) or transfer contents to a plate.
- You can use Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil if you prefer not to use cooking spray. Make sure you place the dull side facing up as that is the non-stick side.
- All BBQs/grills vary, so adjust cooking time as needed.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 1799mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg