Baked Beef Tacos
These baked beef tacos are easy, cheesy, and sure to become a family favorite! These crispy tacos are ready in about 30 minutes.
Servings 10 tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 10 hard taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheese (e.g. Tex-Mex blend or cheddar)
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream, avocado, red onions, lettuce, etc. optional, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375F and move the rack to the middle position.
Add the beef to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it begins to cook and you've separated it a bit with your spoon, add in the spices. Cook, while occasionally stirring, for about 8-10 minutes or until the beef has cooked through.
If there's any excess fat released from the beef, spoon it out. Give the beef a taste and adjust ingredients if needed (e.g. add more smoked paprika). Season with salt & pepper to taste (chili powder usually contains salt so you may not have to add much).
Arrange the hard taco shells in a 9x13 baking dish. Fill each taco shell equally with the ground beef mixture.
Top each taco with the cheese.
Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Top the tacos as desired and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. Nutrition info does not include additional topping as that is subjective/optional.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 452IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg