Potato Salad with Bacon
This easy potato salad with bacon has plenty of crispy bacon that is complemented by a delicious smoky-tangy dressing and fresh scallions.
- 3 pounds baby/petite Yukon Gold potatoes cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut potatoes into halves, place into a pot, then cover potatoes with water and boil over high heat until cooked (approx. 15 minutes from when they start to boil). Once they're cooked, rinse them under cold water and let them drain in a colander. Return them to the pot and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of vinegar (I lightly toss them). Let them cool for about 15 minutes or so.
Meanwhile, Cut the bacon into small pieces (use kitchen shears to make this easy) and cook in a skillet over medium/medium-high heat until crispy.
Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients and make the dressing by combining the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl or measuring cup. Taste and adjust the dressing as needed (e.g. add more smoked paprika or vinegar).
When the potatoes have cooled, add them to a bowl that is large enough to comfortably toss the ingredients together. Toss potatoes with the dressing, fresh herbs, and bacon (spoon the bacon directly from the frying pan, being careful to leave most of the bacon fat behind, but I do like to add a little for extra flavor).
Serve immediately (it's good a little bit warm) or chill in the fridge (covered) for an hour prior to serving.
- Serves 6-8 depending on how much people eat.
- Recipe is easily halved.
- Leftovers will last in the fridge for a few days.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 962mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 284IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg