Easy Guacamole Recipe
This easy guacamole recipe uses simple, fresh ingredients and is bursting with incredible flavor. It's just like you'd get at your favorite Mexican restaurant!
- 2 avocados cut into halves, pitted & peeled or flesh scooped out
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 small jalapeño or serrano pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 1 small tomato chopped
Prep all ingredients.
Bowl method: In a bowl, add avocados, lime juice, cilantro, and salt & pepper. Using a fork, mash into desired texture.Gently mix in onions, jalapeño pepper, and tomatoes. Taste and adjust if needed (e.g. add more of a certain ingredient). Serve immediately. Molcajete (pestle & mortar) method: add the cilantro, onion, jalapeño pepper, and salt & pepper to the molcajete. Grind it into a smooth paste. Add in the avocados and lime juice and mash them using the pestle (I like mine to be a bit chunky). Stir in the tomatoes (use a spoon). Taste and adjust if needed. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is very flexible! Feel free to throw in another avocado if needed, and all ingredients can be adjusted to taste.
- You can chop the ingredients as small/large as you'd like.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg