Fresh and Easy Green Lentil Salad Recipe
This green lentil salad recipe is healthy, fresh, and totally delicious! It makes a great light meal or side dish.
- 3/4 cup uncooked green lentils rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Persian (mini) cucumbers sliced
- Large handful little tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
Rinse the lentils and add them to a medium pot along with the 2 cups of water over medium-high heat. Bring to a rapid simmer then reduce the heat so it gently simmers for 30-40 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients and add them to a medium salad bowl.
When the lentils are done (they shouldn't be mushy, but they shouldn't be too firm either), drain them and rinse with cool water and then drain them again and add them to the salad bowl.
Add the lemon juice and olive oil (you may need to add more depending on your taste preferences). Add salt & pepper to taste. Toss. Salad will keep for a few days in the fridge.
- It's best not to salt the lentils until after they're cooked. Keep this in mind and don't forget to give the salad plenty of salt for flavor.
- Serves 2-4 depending on whether it's a main course or side.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1491IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 3mg