Easy Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe has tender, fall-apart chicken and a slow cooked taste without using your oven or stove! Easy, simple, rustic Italian comfort food at its best.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes with juices
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- Leaves from 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
Add the olive oil and onion to your Instant Pot. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and cook for 2 minutes/side.
Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red pepper, carrot, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Close the lid and set the valve on "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (it'll take 10-15 minutes for it to get up to pressure).
Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. You can then manually release the rest of the pressure.
Season with salt & pepper and stir in the olives, basil, and parsley.
- Inactive time indicates the time is takes the Instant Pot to get up to pressure then release pressure.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.