Instant Pot Hamburger Mac and Cheese
This easy Instant Pot hamburger mac and cheese is total comfort food that's ready in only 30 minutes! No draining of the macaroni is needed, and it's all made right in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni elbows
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 cups grated Gouda (or Havarti or Provolone or other melty white cheese)
Sauté the beef along with the garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, ground cumin, salt, and Worcestershire sauce in your Instant Pot for 5-7 minutes. Stir and break the beef up with your spoon as you go along. Most of the liquid should be evaporated before you move onto the next step.
Add the macaroni and water to the Instant Pot. Give it a good stir. Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (it'll take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure).
Meanwhile, grate your cheeses.
Once the countdown has finished, do a quick pressure release.
Stir in the cheeses (a large wooden spoon works well for this). I like to stir in about a third of the cheese at a time until it's nice and creamy, and then repeat until all the cheese has been used.
Season with extra salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- Stove top cooking tips: You can make this on the stove too. I suggest browning the beef in a large pot and cooking the macaroni as normal. Once the macaroni is cooked, drain it and then add it to the pot with the beef. Stir in the cheeses as directed.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 979kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 1626mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1367IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 1119mg | Iron: 3mg