Creamy Tuscan Salmon Recipe
This creamy Tuscan salmon recipe has an amazing cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and lemon juice. The best part? It only takes about 20 minutes to make!
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (see note)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1-2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil sliced thin
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Prep your salmon and sprinkle each piece on both sides with salt & pepper and garlic powder, then dredge the salmon in flour.
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the salmon. Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes/side or until it has a nice crust (careful not to overcook - it should not be fully cooked yet). Take the salmon out of the pan and set aside.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes.
Stir in the cream and let it cook for a couple more minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add the spinach to the skillet. Let it wilt for 30 seconds or so, then add the fish in. Cook for a few minutes until the salmon is cooked through and the sauce thickens up a bit.
Serve with the basil and fresh parmesan if desired.
- Anything around 3/4-1 pound of fish will work. Most grocery store salmon is about an inch thick in the thickest part, so use that for reference when considering how long to cook it.
- I used the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (draining them prior to adding to the sauce), which tend to taste more concentrated. If using a variety not packed in oil, you may want to add more if desired.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 1061mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6668IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg