Blackberry Friesling (Frozen Riesling)
Move over Frosé! Friesling is in town. This blackberry Friesling recipe is a totally refreshing summer drink!
Servings 4 drinks
- 1 bottle of Riesling wine
- 2 ounces Chambord (blackberry and raspberry liqueur)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh blackberries for garnish (optional)
Freeze the riesling overnight. To make this easy, we used a large jug (the riesling won't freeze entirely). Other options include freezing it in a large ZipLoc and then setting it in another container in case of leaks.
Take riesling out of the freezer to soften up a bit.
Add the blackberry liqueur and lemon juice and give it a stir until it's a nice slushy mixture.
Garnish, serve, and enjoy!
- Blackberries and riesling pair very well. There a a number of different blackberry liqueurs that are available; we used Chambord because it's probably the easiest to find. Look for anything that's "crème de mûre".
- We used a nice Riesling from Washington State.
- We used pretty large glasses for the photos, but feel free to use normal-size wine glasses.