Apple Slaw Recipe
This apple slaw recipe is easy and fast. It makes a great side salad or addition to tacos or sandwiches. It especially pairs well with pork!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (use white or cider)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 1 small bunch scallions chopped (green parts only)
- 1 Granny Smith apple chopped fine (or julienned)
- 1 red apple chopped fine (or julienned)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, and some salt & pepper to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Give it a taste and adjust ingredients if needed to suit your tastes (e.g. add more sugar or vinegar).
Prep your apples and scallions.
Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl, along with the apples and scallions. Pour the dressing over top and toss until combined. Season with extra salt & pepper as needed (this is a fairly big salad so I am generous with both).
Coleslaw can be served immediately or chill it for a few hours first.
- This recipe can serve anywhere from 4-8 depending on how much people eat.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 258IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg