Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
This Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup is healthy, hearty, and simple to make. Your family will love this comforting easy weeknight dinner!
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice (I used jasmine)
- 1.5 pounds extra lean (95% lean) ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 green bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 (13.5 fluid ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chop your onion and add it to your Instant Pot along with the olive oil. Press the sauté button and cook for about 3 minutes, then add the ground beef and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
Add the remaining ingredients to your Instant Pot and give it a stir. Rinse the rice (put it in a sieve and run it under the tap) prior to adding it to your Instant Pot. Important note: The soup in the photos is quite thick and hearty. If you prefer it to be less thick, use 1/2 cup of rice. The soup gets pretty close to the fill line of my 6-qt. Instant Pot, so be sure not to go over.
Close the lid and set the valve on "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. It will take at least 10-15 minutes for the Instant Pot to get up to pressure. Once the countdown is over, carefully release the pressure manually.
Season soup with salt & pepper as needed.
- Serves 6-8 depending on how much people eat.
- You can use regular diced tomatoes if you wish, but the fire-roasted ones give it extra flavor.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Inactive time indicates the time it'll take the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- I have a separate recipe for the stovetop version of this soup.
- Crockpot version: You can definitely make this stuffed pepper soup in a slow cooker. Brown the beef first, and then transfer it to your Crockpot, along with everything except for the rice and salt & pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. About 20-30 minutes prior to serving, add the rice. Stir it every now and then so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1190mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1672IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 5mg