Easy Mongolian Chicken
This Mongolian chicken recipe is fast, easy, delicious, and better than takeout! It can be on your table in under half an hour.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup water
- Scallions chopped, to taste
Prep your chicken and add it to a large ZipLoc bag along with the cornstarch. Toss until coated.
Add the sauce ingredients (brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, and water) to a small bowl and whisk together.
Add the oil to a skillet, along with the chicken. Give it a stir and cook it over medium-high heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
Pour the sauce into the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for a few more minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice and garnish with scallions if you wish.
- The ginger is much easier to grate if it's frozen. I always keep some fresh ginger in the freezer and I use my Microplane grater/zester to easily grate it.
- Use 2 larger or 3 smaller chicken breasts.