Low Carb Taco Bowls
These keto taco bowls are a great way to enjoy your favorite taco flavors without all the carbs of tortillas and beans!
- 1 pound ground beef (I used lean)
- 1 small head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Toppings (to taste):
- Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Little (grape/cherry) tomatoes halved
- Full-fat sour cream
- Avocado sliced/chopped
- Red onion chopped
- Iceberg lettuce shredded
- Lime wedges
Prep your toppings either before you start the cauliflower rice and beef or as you go along.
To make the cauliflower rice, add the cauliflower florets to your food processor and process until they resemble rice or couscous. Add the cauliflower rice to a skillet along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn't burn. Taste as you go along to ensure it's the right texture for you. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
Meanwhile, in another skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and the ground beef. Cook over medium-high heat until it's mostly browned, breaking it up with your spoon as you go along. I like to drain some of the fat prior to adding the spices, but if you want to keep all the fat to give the cauliflower rice some moisture, feel free to do that. Stir in the spices and cook for a couple more minutes until the beef is cooked through.
Assemble your taco bowls by adding the cauliflower rice, beef, and toppings. Serve immediately.
- Anything up to 1.5 pounds of ground beef would work.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. Nutrition facts for this recipe doesn't include toppings since they're so subjective.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 543mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 716IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg