Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
This healthy tuna pasta salad recipe is tasty, filling, and great for a light summer meal. It's a fabulous make-ahead pasta salad that's perfect for gatherings like potlucks or BBQs.
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (I used bows)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna drained
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1 cup little tomatoes halved
- 2 sticks celery chopped small
- 1 mini cucumber (or 1/4 English cucumber) chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Boil a large, salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook it al dente according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients and add them to a large bowl (add the vinegar, oil, and salt & pepper after the pasta is done).
Once the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water and let it drain thoroughly. Add it to the bowl with the other ingredients.
Add the vinegar and olive oil to the bowl. You may want to add more oil and/or vinegar depending on your tastes. Season the pasta salad thoroughly with salt & pepper (it's a lot of pasta so I added quite a bit). You can serve it right away or chill it first (cover the bowl) for the flavors to meld a bit.
- If you use macaroni for this salad, I suggest reducing the uncooked amount to 2.5 cups.
- As with any pasta salad, feel free to add more/less of any ingredient to make it perfect for your tastes.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg