Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta
This lemon dill salmon pasta recipe makes an easy and elegant weeknight dinner. It's perfect for date night!
- 1/2 pound fresh salmon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley, parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces uncooked pasta
Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook it al dente according to package directions. I suggest starting the sauce once the water's boiling.
Season the salmon with salt & pepper and coat it in the flour.
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the salmon and cook it for 2 minutes/side, then take the fish out of the pan and set it aside.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic to the pan. Let it bubble for about 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium.
Add the cream, dill, and salmon back into the pan. Break the fish up with your spoon into bite-size pieces. Cook it for a few more minutes until it's cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit.
Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss it & serve immediately with parsley and parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can use skinless or skin-on salmon. I prefer buying the kind with the skin already removed, but it's fine to eat it or peel it off.
- Can't get fresh dill? Try 1 teaspoon dried dill instead (build your way up from there).
- I don't recommend substituting the cream for milk or half-and-half because the lemon juice will likely curdle the sauce.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 709kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 772mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1111IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg