Kale Pasta Salad
This kale pasta salad recipe is a great option when you're looking for a lighter pasta salad for summer! It's got a delicious vinaigrette dressing, and it's loaded with fresh ingredients.
- 3 cups uncooked penne
- 8 ounces salami diced
- 1 cup little tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc.) halved
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups (packed) kale stems removed and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup red onion or to taste
- Salt & pepper (to taste) to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (packed) brown sugar
Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Once the pasta is done, rinse it under cool water and let it drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl as you go along. The kale should be removed from the stems and chopped very finely. Add the dressing ingredients to a jar.
Once the pasta is done, add it to the bowl. Shake the dressing thoroughly and toss the salad until coated. Season the pasta salad with salt & pepper as needed. You can eat it right away or chill it for an hour or so prior to eating.
- Serves 6+ depending on how much people eat.