Creamy Tuscan Ravioli
This creamy Tuscan ravioli recipe is super simple, quick, and flavorful. Sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and plenty of cream turn grocery store ravioli into a gourmet meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound cheese ravioli (see recipe note)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Fresh basil (optional) to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional) to taste
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in the chicken broth, cream, lemon juice, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir in the ravioli.
Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook it for 5 minutes with the lid on.
Give the ravioli a stir. The sauce should be a bit thicker by now. If it's still too watery for your liking, cover the pan for another minute or so.
Stir in the spinach (and basil if using), cover the pan again, and let it wilt for a minute or two.
Season the dish with salt & pepper as needed and add parmesan cheese if using. Serve immediately.
- I made this recipe with 600g/21 ounces/1.3 pounds of ravioli (that's a standard size for packaged ravioli here in Canada), so anything around 1-1.3 pounds will work for this recipe. I don't know exactly how packaging works in other countries, so that's why I list 1 pound of ravioli for this recipe.
- You don't need to boil the ravioli ahead of time. The starch released while the pasta is cooking will thicken the sauce. Please see the blog post for more recipe tips prior to making this recipe if you're making any changes.
- I used sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil and drained the oil prior to adding them to the pan.