Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
This easy taco pasta recipe is made with ground beef, cheddar cheese, Ro-tel tomatoes, cream, and all your favorite taco flavorings! It's quick and perfect for busy weeknights.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chilies with juices
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese I used sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: chopped scallions and cilantro
Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients and start browning the beef with the spices over medium-high heat in a skillet (approx. 8-10 minutes). Add the red pepper once the meat is broken up a bit and starts to brown.
If you didn't use very lean ground beef, drain most of the excess fat. Add the Rotel tomatoes, cheese, and the cream. Cook for a few more minutes.
Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Season with salt & pepper and garnish as desired.
- You can use pre-made taco seasoning instead of the individual spices I suggest if you wish.