Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
These Crockpot mashed potatoes are the creamiest, dreamiest buttery mashed potatoes that are perfect for making ahead of time to free up the stove!
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
Add the broth and salt to your slow cooker. Turn the heat on high.
Prep your potatoes. I don't peel them, but you can if you wish. I cut them into roughly 1" pieces. Add them to your Crockpot.
Give the potatoes a stir. Cover and cook for 3-3.5 hours or until the potatoes are nice and tender.
When the potatoes are close to being done, add the cream, butter, and garlic to a small saucepan. Warm it through over medium heat until the butter is melted and the garlic infuses the mixture.
Mash the potatoes right in the Crockpot (don't drain the broth). Gradually pour in the cream mixture as you go along. Be careful not to overwork the potatoes so they don't end up gluey. Season with extra salt & pepper as needed. If you're making these ahead, use the "keep warm" setting and give them a stir prior to serving.
- Serves 8-10 depending on how much people eat.
- I recommend using either Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes.
- See the blog post for more tips/tricks/recipe notes.
- This is the 7-quart Crockpot I used to make these potatoes. It was fairly full, so I wouldn't go smaller than a 6-quart.
- Want to make these in your Instant Pot? Here's the recipe.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 633IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 7mg