Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This buffalo chicken dip is comfort food at its best! Your favorite hot wing flavors are captured in this warm, creamy, spicy dip that's perfect for game day or any gathering.
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese (I used Philly)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1/2 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles optional
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle position.
Add the cream cheese to a medium prep bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until cream cheese is nicely softened (or take it out of the fridge and let it soften for 30+ minutes prior to starting the recipe).
Add the chicken (make sure it's in smallish pieces), ranch dressing, hot sauce, and blue cheese to the bowl and stir until it's combined.
Pour the mixture into a small oven-safe skillet (I used an 8" cast iron one) or a 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over top (and add more blue cheese crumbles on top if desired). Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Serve the dip hot with baguette slices, celery/other veggies and/or crackers/chips.
- I used rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- If you don't enjoy blue cheese, feel free to leave it out entirely.
- This dip is somewhat spicy (medium spice level)... if you're worried about the spice, halve the hot sauce. If you want it hotter, don't be shy about adding more.
- Serves 4-6+ as an appetizer depending on how much people eat.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1142mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 1mg