This macaroni soup recipe is simple to make, warming, and filling! It's loaded with plenty of veggies, ground beef, and a delicious tomato broth.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sticks celery chopped finely
- 2 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can corn drained
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked macaroni
- 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the oil, onion, and beef to a large soup pot. Cook for about 7 minutes over medium-high heat, breaking the beef up as you go along. Spoon out most of the excess fat.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients except for the macaroni, spinach, and salt & pepper.
Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and let the soup simmer (covered, with the lid slightly ajar) for 10 minutes.
Add the macaroni in and continue to simmer until it's tender (about 12-15 minutes). You may need to increase the heat to get it going again. Cover the pot again with the lid slightly ajar. I stir the soup a couple of times while it's cooking so the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
Season the soup with salt & pepper as needed and stir in the spinach (let it wilt). Serve & enjoy!
- If you want this soup to be more pasta-heavy, add another cup of water or broth and increase the pasta to 1 cup uncooked.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 966mg | Potassium: 886mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4579IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 4mg