Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
This Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe is healthy and incredibly flavorful! The classic hearty vegetable soup is easy to make in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 3 medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans chopped
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth or veggie broth
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can red kidney beans drained
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can white kidney (cannellini) beans drained
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil torn, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
Prep your ingredients.
Add the oil, butter, and onion to your Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and cook for 4 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, followed by the remaining ingredients except for the basil, salt & pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Before closing the lid, stir it well to ensure that the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom. Close the lid, make sure the valve is on "sealing", press the "manual" button and set the timer for 6 minutes. It'll take about 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to get up to pressure.
Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release. Season the soup with salt & pepper as needed and stir in the fresh basil. Serve each bowl of soup with some freshly grated parmesan.
- Please see the note in the blog post if your Instant Pot is prone to burn warnings.
- Want to make this on the stove top? Check out that recipe here.
- I use this 6-qt. Instant Pot.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 974mg | Potassium: 1270mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5664IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 5mg