Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy
This Instant Pot chicken and gravy recipe has tender chicken breasts smothered in gravy. It's easy to make and ready in just over 30 minutes!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 packet chicken gravy mix
Add the chicken broth, ranch seasoning mix, garlic powder, and pepper to your Instant Pot. Whisk until the powders have dissolved.
Add the chicken and ensure it's mostly submerged (spoon some liquid over top if it's not). Close the lid, ensure the valve is on "sealing", press the "manual" button and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot. Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Pour it into your Instant Pot, along with the chicken gravy mix. Press the "sauté" button and whisk until the gravy mix has dissolved. The sauce will thicken within a few minutes, so turn the sauté function off (press the "keep warm" button) once it's about as thick as you want it. Meanwhile, cut the chicken up, and then add it back into the Instant Pot.
Serve immediately. It's delicious with mashed potatoes (or baked potatoes), pasta/egg noodles, or rice.
- 4 medium-to-large chicken breasts total about 2 pounds. Anything in that ballpark works. If the chicken breasts are very large, add another minute or two to the cook time.
- Use low-sodium chicken broth if salt is a concern for you. Keep in mind ranch and gravy mixes both contain salt as well.
- Here's the Crockpot version of this recipe.
- This is the 6-quart Instant Pot I used to make this recipe.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1501mg | Potassium: 910mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg