Creamy Salmon and Asparagus Pasta
This salmon and asparagus pasta is simple to make, and you will love the lemony garlic cream sauce. Ready in about 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook it al dente according to package directions.
Meanwhile, trim your asparagus (I cut about 1.5" of the ends off while the asparagus is still tied up in a bunch to make it easy). Cut it into smaller pieces. Prep your other ingredients and sprinkle the salmon with salt & pepper and the Italian seasoning.
Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for 3 minutes/side and then take it out of the pan and set it aside.
Add the asparagus to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes (3 minutes if it's on the thicker side or you like it softer).
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the lemon juice + zest, cream, and parmesan to the pan. Give it a good stir then add the salmon back. Break it up into smaller pieces with your spoon. Cook the sauce for another few minutes until the salmon is fully cooked through, the asparagus is tender, and the sauce has reduced a bit. The sauce is not meant to be very thick in this recipe. Toss the sauce with the drained pasta and serve immediately.
- I used a small to average bunch of asparagus (around 1 pound) that had standard thickness asparagus (not the super thin or super thick ones you sometimes see). If you asparagus is thinner or thicker, you may want to adjust cooking time.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 657kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1540IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 4mg