Cheesy Bratwurst Gnocchi
This cheesy bratwurst gnocchi recipe is made in one pan and has tasty pieces of bratwurst sausage smothered in a creamy tomato cheddar sauce.
- 10.6 ounces bratwurst sausages see note
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Take the sausage meat out of the casings and crumble it into a skillet. Add the chopped onion and sauté over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes or until the sausage has browned and the onion has softened up.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in the Dijon mustard and chicken broth. Give it a good stir and let it bubble for about a minute, while scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Stir in the tomato sauce, cream, and gnocchi. Reduce the heat to medium. Once it starts to gently bubble, cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
Give the gnocchi a stir. It should be just about cooked, but you may need to cook it for a little longer if the sauce hasn't quite thickened up enough yet (cook it uncovered and stir it often).
Stir in half the cheddar, and once it's melted, take the pan off the heat. Top the gnocchi with the rest of the cheddar and cover the pan for a couple of minutes until it's melted. Serve immediately.
- I used 3 sausages from a 5-pack of Johnsonville Brats. Feel free to use anything in that ballpark weight-wise... it doesn't have to be exact. You could use ground-up sausage meat if you prefer.
- There is no need to pre-cook the gnocchi. It cooks in the sauce and thickens it as it cooks.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 685kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 1813mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 6mg