Easy Baked Ravioli
This baked ravioli recipe has cheese ravioli, ground beef, marinara sauce, plenty of garlic, and melty parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Simple to make and total comfort food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups marinara sauce divided
- 20 ounces uncooked cheese ravioli see note
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350F and move the rack to the top third of the oven. Prep the cheeses.
Add the oil and onion to a skillet and sauté for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
Add in the ground beef and garlic. Cook it, breaking the beef up with your spoon as you go along, until it's browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes). If there's a lot of excess fat, spoon it out. Season with a bit of salt & pepper.
Add 2 cups of the marinara sauce to the ground beef mixture (give it a good stir and let it heat through).
Pour the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce into a greased 9x13 baking dish (spread it evenly along the bottom).
Add half the ravioli to the baking dish (some overlap is totally fine, but try to arrange it in a fairly even layer), then add half the beef mixture followed by half of each of the cheeses. Repeat this process so you've got 2 layers and it's finished with the layer of cheese on top.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take the foil off and broil for a few minutes so you've got a nice, bubbly, browned cheese layer, then serve immediately.
- I used refrigerated cheese & spinach ravioli. If using frozen ravioli, increase cook time by 10-15 minutes as needed. You can use a bit less or a bit more than 20 ounces ravioli for this recipe... it doesn't have to be exact.
- Please see the blog post for make-ahead tips, substitution suggestions, and process photos if step 6 is confusing to you.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 1764mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 927IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 420mg | Iron: 13mg