Chicken Tetrazzini Soup
This Chicken Tetrazzini Soup recipe is loaded with tender chicken, mushrooms, pasta, and the most amazing creamy broth. This will be a staple in your winter soup rotation!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 7 ounces cremini or white mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 32 ounces Zoup! Good, Really Good® Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1.5 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups shredded cooked/rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Chopped parsley optional, to taste
Add the oil, butter, and onion to a soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the mushrooms and Italian seasoning and continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the chicken bone broth (ensure there are no lumps of flour), and then pour in the cream.
Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil. Once it's boiling, add in the pasta. Turn the heat down so it's gently simmering, and cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring it a couple of times throughout to ensure the pasta isn't sticking.
Add in the chicken and cream cheese (I cut it into smaller blocks). Cook for another 5-7 minutes (you may need to increase the heat again), and stir the soup until the cream cheese melts in and the broth thickens up to your liking.
Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately with fresh parmesan cheese grated over top and chopped parsley if desired.
- Serves 4-6 depending on how much people eat.
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge 30+ minutes prior to starting this recipe or microwave it for 20-30 seconds to soften it.
- You may swap the pasta for a different variety depending what you've got on hand.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 511mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1226IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg