Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
This sun-dried tomato chicken pasta recipe comes together fast and has a flavorful yet light parmesan sauce. It's ready in about 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained if packed in oil)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil sliced thin
Boil a salted pot of water and cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cut the chicken into strips and season it with the garlic powder and salt & pepper (I'm pretty generous).
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes.
Add the chicken to the skillet and let it cook undisturbed for 3 minutes (so it gets a nice sear). Stir/flip it and cook it for another 2 minutes.
Stir in the Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and sun-dried tomatoes. Let the sauce bubble for around 3 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about half.
Before draining the pasta, add 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water to the skillet, then add the drained pasta, parmesan cheese, and basil. Toss it all together in the skillet until the cheese has melted.
Serve immediately (season with extra salt & pepper if needed).
- Grating your own parmesan tastes & melts better.
- The key to this recipe is ensuring the pasta is done around the same time as the sauce, so start making the sauce while waiting for the water to boil.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 588mg | Potassium: 1063mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3mg