Easy Ranch Chicken
This ranch chicken recipe has tender pan-fried chicken breasts smothered in a delicious ranch-flavored pan sauce. It comes together fast and uses everyday ingredients!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped (optional but recommended)
Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you've got 4 thinner cutlets. Season each piece with pepper and the garlic powder.
Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes.
Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes/side until golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining butter to the skillet, and once it's melted, stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
Slowly whisk in the broth until the flour has fully dissolved.
Whisk in the ranch seasoning.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until it has finished cooking through (165F) and the sauce has thickened up a bit more. You may need to turn the head down again so it's gently bubbling (you don't want the sauce to get too thick before the chicken is cooked through).
Sprinkle with fresh parsley if using, and serve immediately. This recipe is fairly salty, so you probably won't need to add any extra salt.
- Use an instant read meat thermometer to ensure that chicken isn't overcooked or undercooked.
- This recipe is quite salty due to the ranch seasoning and chicken broth. If you're particularly sensitive to salt but still want to make this recipe, use low (or no sodium) chicken broth, halve the amount of ranch, or make your own homemade ranch seasoning.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg