Honey Garlic Chicken
This honey garlic chicken recipe has tender pan fried chicken breasts with a sticky sweet honey garlic glaze. It's fast and simple to make!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped scallions to taste (optional but recommended)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Preheat your oven to 400F and move the rack to the top third of the oven.
Add the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk them together. Set aside.
Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner pieces. Season them with salt & pepper.
Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the skillet heat up for a few minutes.
Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side until golden.
Give the sauce another quick whisk and then pour it into the skillet in between the chicken pieces. Let it bubble for 30 seconds, then take the pan off the heat. Quickly spoon some sauce over the chicken and then place the skillet in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165F) and the sauce thickens up a little more. Do not cook much longer or the sauce will burn.
Serve immediately (I spoon more sauce over top and add the chopped scallions).
- Use an instant read thermometer to ensure chicken is never undercooked or overcooked and dry.
- I recommend an oven-proof skillet for this recipe. You can transfer the chicken to a baking dish for the oven portion of the recipe if you are in a pinch, though.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg