Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This creamy garlic parmesan chicken recipe is an elegant and decadent dinner that's simple to make and can be on your table in about 30 minutes!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner pieces. Season them generously on both sides with salt & pepper and the garlic powder.
Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat, and let the pan heat up for a few minutes.
Cook the chicken for about 5-6 minutes/side or until it's nicely seared and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and loosely tent it with foil to keep it warm (turn off the heat while doing this step).
Turn the heat back on to medium-high and sprinkle in the flour and garlic to the skillet (the pan should still be hot, but if it's not, let it warm up a bit first). Let it cook for about a minute or so, stirring often.
Pour in the chicken broth and whisk it until the flour has dissolved and the liquid has reduced by half.
Stir in the cream and let it bubble gently for a few minutes until it's thickened to your desired consistency (turn the heat down if it's rapidly boiling). Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the parmesan until it has melted into the sauce.
Add the chicken back to the skillet (and any juices from the plate) and spoon some sauce over top. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed and sprinkle the parsley over top.
- I highly recommend using an instant read thermometer to test when the chicken is done (165F). It can go from undercooked to overcooked very fast.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1189IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 1mg