Easy Egg Salad
This egg salad recipe is quick and simple to make, uses everyday ingredients that pack a flavor punch, and makes the best sandwiches!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 stick celery chopped small
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion chopped small
- For sandwiches: 8 slices bread, lettuce, etc.
Hard boil your eggs. My preferred method is to time 10 minutes from the point the eggs have started to boil, and then I drain them and rinse them under cool water then let them sit in cold water in the pan they were cooked in until they've cooled (about 5-10 minutes).
Meanwhile, to a medium bowl, add the mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, garlic powder, parsley, and some salt & pepper. Stir until it's combined.
Peel and chop the eggs (chop them as coarsely or small as you like), then add them to the bowl along with the celery and onion. Stir/toss it together, then give it a taste and adjust ingredients if needed (e.g. add more salt & pepper - I am generous with both).
You can serve it right away or chill it first to let the flavors meld some more. Serve in a sandwich/wraps, lettuce cups, etc.
- Recipe makes 4-6 sandwiches depending on how much people eat.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 257mg | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 628IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg