Garlic Butter Steak Bites
These garlic butter steak bites are quick and simple to make with sirloin steak cut into cubes and pan seared to perfection in a simple garlic butter sauce.
- 1.5 pounds sirloin steak (or use ribeye, strip steak, or another tender well marbled cut) cut into 1" pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon butter (1/2 stick) divided
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
Take the steak out of the fridge and let it warm up for 30 minutes prior to starting the recipe if you can.
Cut the steak into 1" pieces and season each piece generously with salt & pepper.
Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes. Add the meat in a single layer (don't crowd it and do two batches). Cook for about 2 minutes then flip and cook for another 2 minutes for the steak to be cooked to medium temperature. Repeat with the second batch. Don't move the steak around the pan... just let it cook undisturbed to get a good sear. Once each batch is done, transfer it to a plate. You can always test one piece of steak to get a good idea of timing prior to doing a whole batch.
Turn the heat down to medium low and add the remaining butter and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring almost constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is cooked (but don't let it burn/get too dark). Take the pan off the heat and add the steak (and juices from the plate) back and toss with the butter sauce. Serve immediately with parsley sprinkled over top.
- Serves 4-6 as an appetizer or 2-4 as a main course depending on what else it's served with.
- Do not overcook the steak as it'll end up tough and leathery.
- I love a good cast iron skillet for cooking steak. My Le Creuset skillet is pictured, and I also love Lodge cast iron.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg