Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is simple to prepare and uses minimal ingredients. Roasting Brussels sprouts brings out their natural sweetness!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut into halves
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425F. Move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
Prep your Brussels sprouts by cutting the dried out stem/end bit off and discarding any discolored leaves. Cut each Brussels sprout in half and add them to your baking sheet.
Pour the olive oil over the Brussels sprouts (start with 2 tablespoons and add more if needed) and generously season them with salt & pepper. Toss with your hands until evenly coated. Spread them out a bit so they're not touching too much.
Roast for 18-20 minutes. I recommend checking after 18 minutes (or even a bit sooner if your Brussels sprouts are particularly small) to ensure that they're soft and browned to your liking without being too well done. I like mine to still have a little bit of chew. Roast them for longer if you want an even deeper browned flavor.
- Any loose Brussels sprouts leaves will crisp right up. I like to eat those... they're kinda like veggie chips!
- You can for sure roast more than 1 pound of Brussels sprouts. Just make sure your baking sheet isn't too crowded.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg