Roasted Red Potatoes
These roasted red potatoes are fast to prep, use only a handful of everyday ingredients, and make one comforting and tasty side dish!
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1" pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Cut the potatoes into roughly the same size pieces that are about 1" (doesn't have to be exact, but similar size is good so they cook at the same rate). I don't peel the potatoes, but you can if you prefer.
Add the potatoes to a prep bowl and toss with the oil, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper (I'm generous with both). Transfer the veggies to a baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer (the less they touch the more crispy they will get).
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until they're soft and browned to your liking. You can toss them halfway thru for more even color, but that's not necessary. Cooking time will depend on the size they're cut as well and your particular oven and baking sheet, so check after 35-40 minutes, especially if you've got some smaller pieces or don't want them too dark.
- Serves 4-6 depending on how much people eat/what else you serve them with.
- You can use a different variety of potatoes. If using Russets, you may want to peel them. Cooking time may slightly vary.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 1038mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg