Boursin pasta is a deliciously creamy meatless meal that comes together fast and only requires 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to make!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 1 (5.2 ounce/150g) package Boursin Fine Herbs & Garlic cheese
- 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
Boil a salted pot of water and cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Important: reserve about a cup of the pasta water before you drain it (I just use a Pyrex measuring cup).
Drain the pasta, then add it right back into the pot it was cooked in (take it off the burner). Add the Boursin cheese and a small splash (a few tablespoons or so) of the pasta water. Toss (I use two spoons) until you've got the sauce the consistency that you want, gradually adding in more of the pasta water as needed. You likely won't need to use most of it.
Add in the spinach and continue tossing the pasta until everything is nicely coated in sauce. Cover the pot and let it wilt for a minute or two, then serve. Add some salt & pepper if needed.
- Serves 2-4 depending on how much people eat/what else it's served with.
- This pasta is great as a side dish.
- The residual heat from the hot pot, steaming pasta, and the pasta water will melt the cheese and make a deliciously creamy sauce.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1788IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg