Garlic Herb Butter Pasta
This garlic herb butter pasta recipe comes together in just 25 minutes, has everyday ingredients, and is wonderful for using up fresh garden herbs. It feels kinda fancy but is so simple to make!
- 8 ounces pasta I used shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped/sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped finely
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Note: you'll need to use some of the pasta water to make the sauce, so don't drain it until you've reserved some.
Meanwhile, prep all ingredients, and when the pasta is close to being cooked, add the butter to a skillet over medium heat and let it melt. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and let it cook for about a minute, stirring often so the butter becomes infused with the garlic flavor.
Just prior to draining the pasta, reserve a half cup or so of the pasta water.
Add the drained pasta to the skillet as well as the parmesan cheese and the fresh herbs. Pour in a splash (a few tablespoons) of the pasta water. Turn the heat off and toss continuously until the cheese has melted and the pasta is well coated. Continue adding the pasta water as needed (you don't need to use it all up).
Season generously with salt & pepper and serve immediately with some more parmesan cheese grated over top if you like.
- Serves 2-4 depending on how much people eat/what else it's served with (4 as a side dish).
- Omit the red pepper flakes if you'd prefer it to be mild.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 644IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1mg