Easy Chicken Marsala
This easy chicken marsala recipe is an Italian-American classic! Juicy pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala cream sauce. Restaurant-quality in under 30 minutes!
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 7 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced fairly thin
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and trim off any remaining fat. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat each piece in flour.
Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and sear it for 4 minutes/side or until golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms into fairly thin pieces (or you can prep them prior to starting cooking... I like to multi-task to save time).
Add the remaining butter and mushrooms to the skillet and cook them for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
Add the minced garlic and marsala wine to the skillet and let it bubble for 2-3 minutes.
Add the cream to the skillet, and then add the chicken back in. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed. I added a little bit of chopped parsley to finish it off (optional).
- If you have smaller chicken breasts, there's no need to cut them in half lengthwise, but you will need to cook them a bit longer.
- This is the copper skillet pictured in the photos if you're curious (you can use any skillet to make this recipe).
- Chicken is safe to eat when it's reached an internal temperature of 165F. Use an instant read thermometer to test for doneness.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg