Healthy Chicken Sausage Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
This healthy chicken sausage pasta with roasted tomatoes is ridiculously easy and bursting with flavor. All you need is a few simple ingredients and your oven!
- 1 (10 ounce) package little tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc.)
- 13 ounces uncooked chicken sausages cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (I used pappardelle)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
Preheat oven to 425F and move the rack to the middle position.
Add the tomatoes, sausage pieces (either cut them up or take them out of the casings and crumble into small pieces), olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper to a baking dish. Toss gently to coat. Roast for 20 minutes.
Take the sauce out of the oven and give it a good stir. Roast for an additional 15-20 minutes (or until it's fully cooked and lightly browned), watching carefully towards the end that it doesn't burn.
Meanwhile, boil salted pot of water for the pasta, and cook it al dente according to package directions.
Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and extra salt & pepper if desired.
- The tomato and sausage quantities don't have to be exact, so don't worry if your sizing is a bit off what the recipe suggests. For larger sausages, I find it's easiest to take them out of their casings and use your hands to break them up into bite-size pieces vs. cutting them.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 951IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg