Instant Pot Honey Butter Carrots
These easy Instant Pot carrots are coated in a delicious honey butter glaze. Everyone at the table will want seconds!
- 2 pounds carrots peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped finely
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cut carrots (or use pre-cut carrots if you wish) into fairly large pieces (I cut mine on an angle - see photos). Add them to your Instant Pot, along with the water.
Close the lid, set the valve on "sealing", and cook on high pressure for 2-3 minutes. If you like softer carrots and/or are using large carrots, I suggest cooking them for 3 minutes. If you prefer crisper carrots or are using smaller carrots (e.g. baby cut carrots that look fairly thin), cook for 2 minutes.
It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release. Take the lid off as soon as it's done (or carrots will continue cooking), and take the insert out and carefully discard the water (leave carrots in the insert).
Put the insert back into the Instant Pot and add in the butter and honey. I set the lid back on top for about a minute to help the butter melt. Add the salt & pepper and parsley and give it all a good stir. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
- You can use more than 2 pounds of carrots if you wish; cooking time won't change.
- Serves 4-6 people.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Stove-top method: Boil carrots until they're tender; drain, then toss with the butter, honey, parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 484mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 25552IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg