These easy Instant Pot carrots are coated in a delicious honey butter glaze. Everyone at the table will want seconds! The best veggie side dish.
I love a good glazed carrot recipe. It occurred to me that making carrots in the Instant Pot is something I should try now that I’ve been converted into an IP lover. It’s not rocket science on the stove-top, but using an electric pressure cooker has its benefits, such as:
- It frees up counter space (e.g. if you’ve got company over or you’re making these for a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas).
- It’s pretty hands-off once you’ve closed your IP’s lid, so you can do other things instead of babysitting them.
- You don’t need to worry about checking them to see if they’re done… you just do what your IP tells you to do. 😉
- It’s quick & easy.
How to cook carrots in an Instant Pot
Add chopped carrots (or you can just use baby cut carrots) to your Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water and cook for 2-3 minutes on high pressure.
I bought large carrots and cut them into fairly big pieces. I cooked them for 3 minutes and they ended up quite soft; just the way I like them.
Want to make these in the slow cooker? Try my Crockpot honey glazed carrots.
This electric pressure cooker carrots recipe was a big hit in my house. I was barely able to photograph them without sneaking bites.
My husband seemed shocked at how tasty they were. Doesn’t he know ALL my recipes are tasty by now?! Geez. 😛
Have you ever made carrots in your Instant Pot?
These honey butter carrots are definitely worth trying.
Instant Pot Honey Butter Carrots
These easy Instant Pot carrots are coated in a delicious honey butter glaze. Everyone at the table will want seconds!
- 2 pounds carrots peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped finely
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut carrots (or use pre-cut carrots if you wish) into fairly large pieces (I cut mine on an angle - see photos). Add them to your Instant Pot, along with the water.
- Close the lid, set the valve on "sealing", and cook on high pressure for 2-3 minutes. If you like softer carrots and/or are using large carrots, I suggest cooking them for 3 minutes. If you prefer crisper carrots or are using smaller carrots (e.g. baby cut carrots that look fairly thin), cook for 2 minutes.
It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release. Take the lid off as soon as it's done (or carrots will continue cooking), and take the insert out and carefully discard the water (leave carrots in the insert).
- Put the insert back into the Instant Pot and add in the butter and honey. I set the lid back on top for about a minute to help the butter melt. Add the salt & pepper and parsley and give it all a good stir. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
- You can use more than 2 pounds of carrots if you wish; cooking time won't change.
- Serves 4-6 people.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Stove-top method: Boil carrots until they're tender; drain, then toss with the butter, honey, parsley, and salt & pepper.
Calorie information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee.